Honors Digital Electronics - P1
Digital Electronics (DE) is an option for a third or fourth year course for students enrolled in the Cedar Creek Engineering Magnet. Digital electronics is the foundation of all modern electronic devices such as mobile phones, MP3 players, laptop computers, digital cameras and high-definition televisions. Students are introduced to the process of combinational and sequential logic design, engineering standards and technical documentation.
1. Notebook (3 Ring)
2. Engineer's Notebook
4. Scientific Calculator
5. Wireless Mouse
Please Note: Materials must be brought to class each day. Please do not impose upon your neighbors for materials.
50% Typically 100 Points
Quizzes: Typically 50 Points
Labs/Projects: 10 – 100 Points
40% Assignments: 5 – 50 Points 10% Progress Assessments
Late work may receive the following point deductions:
1 Days late: -25% loss
2 Days late: -50% loss
Students are expected to attend all classes. If a class is missed, it is the responsibility of the student to make up all work missed. This can be done by speaking with the teacher privately, not during class. Notes and class discussion are essential for learning. It would be beneficial to choose a partner who will be able to supply you with the notes from the day/days of your absence.
All tests and quizzes must be made up within one week from the student’s return to class!!! -- Or they become ZEROS. All tests and homework must be made up. Labs and quizzes will be made up at the teachers’ discretion.
1. Be Prompt - Be in your seat, ready to learn when the bell rings.
2. Be Respectful - Respect one another by raising your hand to respond and by remaining silent while someone else is speaking. Also show respect for others thoughts, questions, and responses.
3. Be Prepared - Always bringing your textbook, notebook, paper, pen, and pencil to class.
4. Be Safe – Horseplay and fooling around will not be tolerated. Do not bring any food or drinks into the lab.
5. Follow Directions- Activities will include lectures, small group activities, and laboratory activities. It will be imperative the directions are followed carefully.
Classroom code: rckduee