Dear Students and Parents/Guardians,
As we move towards a new Remote Learning setting I want to reassure you that I am here to assist you in any way I can, please feel free to contact me at any time. Our new learning environment will need to be flexible; we have to work together to make sure that we are covering specific units and developing our skills moving forward. The following is my expectation for class.
- I will be posting assignments and tasks on to Google Classroom weekly (on Monday), those assignments and tasks will need to be completed by Friday of each week.
- I will be available for discussions, questions, concerns, and feedback daily. You may contact me during regular class time (attached below) using Google classroom, Google Hangouts, email (Jharritopulos@gehrhsd.net), or the remind app.
- The completion of these assignments will count as your attendance and participation for the week.
If you have trouble with submitting responses, please email or otherwise contact me and we will work something out individually as necessary. We will all get through this together, but please remember that communication is vital. Please make sure you check Google Classroom daily for any new updates or information as they are available.
If you have any questions or concerns moving forward, please feel free to contact me.
Remote Learning SCHEDULE
Teachers will be available for your questions at the start of each period.
Phone: 652-2473 ext. 5419
World History course is required for all students as a prerequisite to graduation. The scope of the course will focus on the correlation between historical eras and events and their effect and role in shaping the modern world. Students will analyze the various aspects of civilizations in the regions of Africa, Middle East, India, China, Latin America and Europe. Students will be exposed to all aspects of civilizations, including cultural, social, economic, political and geographical themes.
To do well in this class, you will need to bring the following to class everyday:
- Yourself on time ready to learn
- A pen or pencil
- A positive attitude
Not being prepared will affect your grade
Class works best when we all follow certain guidelines:
- Come to class prepared to be an active member of class EVERYDAY.
- Be RESPECTFUL to your classmates and their right to learn.
- Come to class on time, make every effort to be in class everyday and remain for the entire period. Please do not ask for a pass unless it is an emergency.
If these guidelines are not followed, there will be consequences including, but not limited to, a verbal warning, a phone call home, detention, or a referral to the office.
If you are having trouble understanding the material, PLEASE do not hesitate to ask. Remember – Try your best, only you know when you are giving 100%