Phone: 609-593-3560 ext. 5513
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor in Health and Exercise Science/Teaching
Mr. Michael Sykes
Hello, my name is Mike Sykes and I have been a teacher in the Great Egg Harbor Regional High School District for the last 14 years. I Started my career at Absegami and was a Health and Wellness teacher there for 4 years. I then moved to Oakcrest and taught for 5 years and I am recently at Cedar Creek High School and begining my 15th year as a Health and Wellness teacher in the District. I have coached Football, Wrestling and Track over the last 15 years. I am now teaching our newer class offered the past few years called Goal Specific Fitness. I am very excited and looking forward to teaching this class and helping students reach their goals and full potential in their specific area of interest. I am a graduate of Holy Spirit High School and hold a bachelors degree from The College of New Jersey.
Hello students and parents and welcome back to the 2020-2021 school year. Things will look and feel a bit different this year but your Cedar Creek Family is hard at work and commintted to make sure our students are getting the best Educatin provided. Students will all have access to google classroom and will be able to see what is being taught and assignments that are given and due for that week.
Please note that you can call or email me at any time and that all my information can be obtained on this site. Wishing everyone a wonderul 2020-2021 school year.
Voice Mail Box 5526
Please look over and read our 2020-2021 SYLLABUS
Cedar Creek Virtual PE Syllabus
Welcome to Cedar Creek Virtual PE! This is a unique and challenging year for everyone, but working together as a team we will succeed.
Google Classroom/Google Meet Rules and Expectations
- Upon entry into the Google Meet, please be prepared for class and have your microphone muted.
- All school rules apply (must be dressed properly, no foul language, no disrespectful behavior).
- Google Meet chat rooms and all Classroom posts must be school appropriate.
- When the Google Meet is done, you must leave the meeting or your teacher will log you off.
- NO VIDEOING OR RECORDING THE MEETING without prior permission as per school guidelines.
- NO cell phone use during the meeting.
- Using the link in Google Classroom, you must log into the Google Meet at the START of the scheduled class time.
- Attendance will be taken during the beginning of class.
- Be prepared to be in the Meet. If you can’t show your face, reach out to your teacher. You will be required to engage and participate during the lesson.
Physical Education: 50% - Skills/Knowledge and Engagement/Participation
40% - Readiness
10% - Suite 360 assignments
Health: 50% - Assessments (tests, quizzes, major projects)
40% - Assignments (independent classwork/homework)
10% - Suite 360 assignments
The district’s NEW late policy is as follows:
- 1 day late - 25% off of earned grade
- 2 days late - 50% off of earned grade
- NO WORK WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 2 DAYS LATE
NOTE: Exceptions to be made for IEP/ 504 plans or personal extenuating circumstances.
If you become ill or you are medically unable to participate an alternate assignment will be given. Please email a picture of a doctor's note to your teacher and school nurse (Mrs. Seckinger).
Teacher/ Student Communication
Students can communicate with their teacher via email or commenting in Google
Classroom. Keep in mind that if you comment on the stream, everyone will see it including school administration.
Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents/Guardians & Students of Health & Wellness,
We hope this email finds you safe and well during this trying time. During this time away from the building, we will be following the school's expectations for online learning. This is to notify you that all future Health & Wellness assignments will be administered through Google Classroom.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email me at MSykes@gehrhsd.net or call and leave a voicemail at 609-593-3560 ext. 5513. I will be available daily to monitor student work and answer questions.